Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Little Changes

I was driving around tonight, just relaxing. I was thinking about prayers I had prayed over the last few years.

I've been praying that the Lord would change how my heart felt about people or situations. As I thought of all the times I've prayed variations of this prayer, and I am amazed at how the Lord has answered it.

There have been times when I loved people and asked the Lord to remove it and he has.

There have been times when I have distrusted people and asked the Lord to change it and he has.

There have been times when I disliked people and asked the Lord to change it and he really, really has; in such a way that I am moved to tears for them in prayer, when I see them I can barely keep it together, it is a totally supernatural thing. I can't change how I feel, I cannot move my own heart. But He is gracious to do it.

Make a hit list kids, make a list of feelings you want to change, cry out spontaneously whenever you feel it. Check up on it in a few months, and I'll bet you'll see movement.

No comments: